Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I just might be on to something special...




        I have had a long drawn out process deciding what I am truly concerned with and where my passions lie.  After taking several years off from school I have finally returned with a clear purpose and have decided that my ambition in life is to serve others.  The goal of my blog is to help me narrow down which areas of Human Services I would like to concentrate on.  There are two areas that are of the most interest to me; one- is a youth worker and two- is a family service advocate.  My intention for this blog is to give me a better understanding of which career path would better suit me.
        I have always been interested in working with children; in fact I have worked with children since I was 14 years old.  So it seems quite natural that I would want to have a career that directly involves working with children, especially at risk youth.  The appeal for my desire to work with at risk youth comes from my understanding and my empathy for their situations.  I understand what it is like to grow up in an unsafe urban environment and I recognize how hard it can be to make solid decisions in a challenging environment. 
        Family dynamics are fascinating and frustrating at the same time, and what better way to gain an understanding of these dynamics than to actually study them?  I have a great deal of respect for strong family units and would love to have the opportunity to encourage families from all walks of life to explore and strengthen their families by way of counseling.  
How odd that I would be instructed, just yesterday, to be aware of my surroundings because I just might get the answer I was looking for?  Less than 12 hours of debating on which of these two topics I would like to choose I got my answer clear as a bell just by listening to my own surroundings.  Stay tuned....

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting!! I look forward to seeing where you go with this!

    ReplyDelete