Tuesday, April 9, 2013

So the process begins...


Well, the original ideas I have for this paper won’t do me any good for this particular assignment.  Though I have back round information on the subjects that interest me the most, I don’t have any personal experience with them, which makes it difficult to write a creative non-fiction paper.  I have to admit early that though I Do Try, I am not by any means a creative person.  So I anticipate this paper will be more difficult for me to write to ensure I get my story across to my readers.  
            With that being said trying to come up with topics that hold my interest while attempting to make my story relatable/creative has been complicated.  For some reason I cannot entirely explain I seem to love topics that are completely foreign to me, like substance abuse. I have spent the entire weekend brain storming and trying to think outside the box to come up with something that I’m familiar with, something I can tell from my personal experience.
            I have recently started doing yoga on a regular basis, and I think researching the benefits that yoga can have one’s body and mind will be interesting.  I think telling my story of why I needed an outlet; especially a meditative/relaxing outlet will support me in my quest to become a better person.  My plans for constructing this paper are approaches that will be new for me.  For example, I will be interviewing a friend and will be creating questions that relevant for my paper.  Also, I have never cited anything out of a magazine, and I plan on finding fascinating articles for my paper.  I will use my yoga class for my independent field trip, and I am still brain storming ideas of how exactly to tie that into my paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment